Return to list Post a new post

[Food]

Enjoy Indonesian cuisine in an old Dutch colonial-style building

299 0
Post time 2024-4-30 00:52:45 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

After the event, I took Amy out to look for food and went to the Indonesian restaurant I discovered last time, called Plataran Menteng. It was in a three-story old Dutch colonial-style building. The heavy door opened and a tall tree stood in the patio. Trees over a hundred years old. The original owner of the house was a legendary Chinese-Indonesian obstetrician who had delivered many babies for Jakarta's most prominent families, including that of the late President Suharto.

Every dish is delicious! Grilled squid (very tender and with a complex aroma, I don’t know what seasoning is used, slightly sour and slightly sweet), smoked beef with onions, mushrooms and broccoli (the mushrooms are marinated first, very delicious), grilled chicken - see what’s used on the menu Lemongrass, tamarind, hot sauce, shrimp paste, lime and a bunch of other seasonings, it's slightly sweet and slightly spicy.

There are more choices when eating for two than alone! I came out satisfied and even ran to the Vilo ice cream shop on the side street to have an ice cream. They have dozens of flavors! We restrained ourselves and only ordered one kind each. I ordered a mocha almond fig one.

Walking all the way back to the hotel, I found that the sidewalks in Jakarta were really poorly paved, with one foot deep and the other shallow. There are many motorcycles on the streets, which make a lot of noise and the air is bad. It is not a city suitable for walking around on foot, but you can often see tropical flowers on the roadside, which are lush and beautiful, which is soothing to the eyes.

Jakarta-Enjoy Indonesian cuisine in an old Dutch colonial-style building

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-26 23:59 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.132593 second(s), 28 queries .