Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Strategy]

The latest Hong Kong travel guide for 2023. Customs clearance, transportation, currency exchange, and attractions introduction

245 0
Post time 2024-5-28 18:55:12 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

The last time I went to Hong Kong was in 2019. Four years have passed, and Hong Kong has changed a bit. In order to facilitate everyone to travel to Hong Kong, this article is mainly based on basic practical strategies, divided into four parts: customs exit, travel strategies, shopping strategies, and scenic spot sharing. You can jump to read according to your needs~

Hongkong-The latest Hong Kong travel guide for 2023. Customs clearance, transportation, currency exchange, and attractions introduction

Part 1: Pass and customs clearance strategy

The application of Hong Kong and Macau Pass and Hong Kong visa is relatively simple. You can go to the exit and entry management hall of the Public Security Bureau to apply for it. Note that if it is the first time to apply for a Hong Kong and Macau Pass, you need to take a photo on the spot or get an entry and exit receipt. If you want a good-looking photo, it is recommended to go to a photo studio to take an entry and exit receipt. The price is less than 100. I took it on the spot. It is free but you have to queue up~

The process of going through customs from Shenzhen to Hong Kong is very smooth. Since I arrived at Futian Port at 8:00 in the morning, there were not many people, so I went through customs in 10 minutes. The main steps of customs clearance are gates and security checks.

The first gate is to swipe the black code and Hong Kong and Macau Pass. The black code is filled in and declared in the wx applet customs passenger fingertip service. It can only be used once and needs to be filled again when returning from Hong Kong. It is recommended to fill it in in advance in a place with good network and save it with a screenshot to avoid being stuck in front of the gate. The second gate is to identify the QR code endorsement on the Hong Kong and Macau Pass and then press the fingerprint.

You need to buy overseas traffic before crossing the border. You can directly search for overseas traffic on zfb and buy it by the day. It will be automatically activated after arriving in Hong Kong. It is best to download the APP in advance, because the network signal in Hong Kong is time-varying.

Part 2: Transportation/travel strategy

Now you don’t need to buy Octopus for traveling in Hong Kong, but you must exchange it for Hong Kong dollars! zfb-travel can fully meet the needs of subway and bus travel, and it is very convenient. Almost every subway station has a gate that can swipe the boarding code, so Octopus is not necessary for short trips.

Whether you buy Octopus or not, it is recommended to carry some Hong Kong dollars with you. Some shops and vendors only accept Hong Kong dollars. When I went to the Man Mo Temple, the paper was 3 Hong Kong dollars, and I couldn’t even get change, so it’s best to change some Hong Kong dollars with both zeros and wholes to carry with you.

There are many convenience stores in Hong Kong that can exchange Hong Kong dollars on the spot, but the price is not favorable. It is recommended to go to the bank to exchange Hong Kong dollars. You need to buy foreign exchange-Hong Kong dollars on the mobile bank first, and then make an appointment three days in advance to go to the bank to withdraw cash. Because I decided to go to Hong Kong at the last minute, I changed money at the convenience store on the first floor of Futian Port. According to the exchange rate, 201 yuan can be exchanged for 228 Hong Kong dollars, but I actually exchanged 218 Hong Kong dollars.

Hongkong-The latest Hong Kong travel guide for 2023. Customs clearance, transportation, currency exchange, and attractions introduction

For travel apps, I recommend using both Google Map and AutoNavi Maps, because both apps have missed navigation, and the recommended routes may not be the best routes. It is recommended to compare and check. In addition, if you find that almost no one takes the route recommended by the map, it is either because the network signal is not good or the map app does not recognize the construction or roadblocks ahead. It is recommended to change the app and reselect the route.

In addition, AutoNavi and Google Map are not very reliable. For example, some stores that have closed down still appear on the map (such as Bonjour), which caused me to walk a lot of unnecessary roads. These two apps also navigated me to an alley that was closed due to construction. It is recommended to ask the store clerk for help if you really can't find the way.

Part 3 Shopping Guide

There are many pharmacies on the streets of Hong Kong, all marked with the banner of duty-free shops, but it is difficult to distinguish between the real and the fake. After all, no matter how cheap it is, I don't want to buy fakes, so I finally chose Watsons, Mannings, Dragon City Pharmacy, Longfeng Mall, Bonjour, SASA, and Sogo as places for price comparison.

Causeway Bay SOGO is the most expensive. You can go shopping, but don't buy there because it's not cost-effective. I just use Mannings and Watsons as price references. The prices of these two stores are quite standard, but the categories are complete. Bonjour has closed down and there are only a few stores left. The locations on the map are all fake. It is not recommended to go there.

The prices of Longcheng Pharmacy, Longfeng MALL and Bonjour are somewhat different. For example, Clinique Butter is the cheapest in Longfeng MALL, but Lancome Little Black Bottle Essence is the cheapest in Longcheng Pharmacy, so it is recommended to make a list in advance and then compare the prices of these three stores.

There is only one regular Longcheng Pharmacy, located at 28 Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. It has no branches and only accepts cash. At Longcheng Pharmacy, Lancome Little Black Bottle is 728 Hong Kong dollars, equivalent to 650 yuan, and Little Brown Bottle is 578 Hong Kong dollars, but it must be cash.

The same specifications, Lancome Little Black Bottle in Longfeng MALL is 748 Hong Kong dollars, Little Brown Bottle is 598 Hong Kong dollars, which is slightly more expensive than Longcheng Pharmacy, but fortunately, you can use ZFB, so in the end I chose Longfeng MALL to help my friend buy. SASA is generally more expensive than Longcheng and Longfeng, but some discounted items are cheaper.

Part 4: Sharing of Attractions
If this is your first time in Hong Kong, I recommend Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay, Mong Kok and Central as must-visit places in Hong Kong. Even if you don’t buy anything, you can still go shopping and compare prices with those in the mainland.

There are many popular attractions in Hong Kong, but my favorite place is the temples in Hong Kong. So I went to Man Mo Temple and Wong Tai Sin Temple to make wishes and draw lots. The opening hours of "Wong Tai Sin Temple" are from 7:30 to 16:30, so everyone must arrange their time reasonably and come as early as possible to leave time for the lot to be interpreted.

If you like to look for antiques, you can go to the Cat Street Market, where there are many interesting shops. If you like campus life like me, I highly recommend visiting the University of Hong Kong and experiencing university activities. The best view is to take the cable car at the top of Victoria Peak at sunset. Go to Victoria Harbor at night to enjoy the sea breeze. Taking a cruise to visit Victoria Harbor is also a more relaxing way.

Hong Kong is mostly uphill and downhill, so it is best to wear comfortable sports shoes when you are traveling. If you have enough time, you can walk around the streets of Hong Kong, listen to the laughter of Filipino maids on the overpass, and watch various performances by artists on the roadside. The diverse lifestyle is also one of the greatest charms of Hong Kong.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-26 19:41 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.117906 second(s), 27 queries .