Return to list Post a new post

[Food]

Taiwan Food Guide | Eat to Death in Taichung and Taipei: A Collection of Cheap and Delicious Snacks

106 0
Post time 2024-6-9 23:08:10 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

In Taiwan, there are so many food options.
You can find all kinds of small shops and vendors everywhere in the streets and alleys.
A wide variety of snacks.
Cheap and delicious.
You can't move your feet.

Taipei

First of all, there are many night markets in Taipei. Shilin Night Market is definitely not the only one, nor is it the best. Night markets like Gongguan Night Market and Shida Night Market are very unique. This article mainly focuses on Shilin. I will introduce other night markets with keywords.

1 Shilin Night Market

Keywords: Prince Cheese Potato, Shiquan Spare Ribs, Pepper Cake, Fresh Shrimp Egg Cone, Large Intestine Wrapped with Small Intestine, Haoda Chicken Steak, Lemon Aiyu

Taiwan-Taiwan Food Guide | Eat to Death in Taichung and Taipei: A Collection of Cheap and Delicious Snacks

Haoda Chicken Steak (Shilin, Taipei)

Many people say that the Shilin Night Market chicken steak is the most delicious. In fact, in my opinion, it is at most the most famous. The only feature of Haoda Chicken Steak is that it is large. Compared with the taste of Sisters Chicken Steak at National Taiwan University, it is much inferior. However, in order to avoid regrets, it is okay to try it. But my personal suggestion is that a few people should eat one. One by one is really too much.

Taiwan-Taiwan Food Guide | Eat to Death in Taichung and Taipei: A Collection of Cheap and Delicious Snacks

Prince Cheese Potatoes

Definitely the best thing I've ever eaten at Shilin Night Market. The outside is fried hot and crispy, but inside is icy mashed potatoes, filled with ham, corn, vegetables... and topped with specially cooked rich cheese. It's absolutely delicious and awesome! I queued for more than half an hour, absolutely no regrets! It should be noted that there are two places selling cheese potatoes. I've eaten cheese potatoes 2 or 3 times in other places. I personally think that the cheese potatoes in Shilin are really the best, and of the two, only Prince's is the best, which can be seen from the length of the queue.

Shiquan Spare Ribs

It is said that it is simmered for two hours with Chinese medicine. I think the taste is average, but some kids who don’t eat meat think the soup is very flavorful.

Pepper Cake

The freshly baked "pepper cake" is a bit like the sesame cake we ate when we were young. The crust is crispy and the filling is meat and chives. Take a bite and the gravy is rich. It's really great!

Fresh shrimp egg cone

It is very inconspicuous among the various delicacies in Shilin, but it is definitely a delicacy that is worth tasting. The egg cone on the outside is crispy and fragrant, and the vegetable and shrimp salad inside is not greasy. It is paired with green vegetables and fresh shrimp. It is cool and sweet, and it is a pleasant surprise.

Large intestine wrapped in small intestine

A delicacy that can be found in every street and alley. Large intestine refers to the glutinous rice intestine on the outside, and small intestine is naturally the meat intestine fried to a crispy tender inner layer. Personally, I think the best large intestine wrapped in small intestine I have ever eaten is at the Shida Night Market, and it seems to have been interviewed by many TV stations.

Lemon Aiyu

The cold drinks at the night market come in all shapes and sizes. You can see a big pot of it at many cold drink stalls, and it looks very refreshing. This is the so-called Aiyu, a great plant fruit, transparent, sour, and refreshing when drunk with milk or juice.

2 Raohe Night Market

Keywords: stinky tofu, pepper cake, Raohe night lights

Raohe Night Market is my second favorite night market in Taiwan. This is the earliest tourist night market in Taipei. The food is not much different from other night markets, but it is definitely the most pleasant and romantic one in my trip to Taipei night markets. After visiting the night market, I took a lot of food, sat by the Raohe River, looked at the rows of night lights, and blew the cool breeze. I really felt that the happiest and most beautiful life is just like this.

The stinky tofu here is definitely unique among all night markets. It is a bit like the Shaoxing stinky tofu we tasted, but the uniqueness lies in the ingredients. The thick soup, as well as the flavorful peppers and pickled vegetables, highlight the freshness of the tofu. I remember that the first time I went to Raohe, I bought two portions of stinky tofu.

3 Jingmei Night Market

Keywords: QQ ice balls, runbing rolls

In fact, Jingmei Night Market is really small, and compared with other tourist night markets, it is also much more shabby, but it is definitely a Taiwanese night market with a strong local flavor, and the price is relatively lower than other night markets. But the taste is actually not bad.

QQ Ice Balls

There are many QQ, sticky snacks in Taiwan, which look very refreshing. The so-called QQ Ice Balls are made of transparent glutinous rice ice skin, and there are many flavors in the filling: green tea, taro, mango... They are all my favorites.

Runbing Roll

For a guy like me who loves meat, the taste of Runbing Roll is actually quite light. But if you eat too much greasy chicken steak, you might as well try another refreshing one.

4 Shida Night Market

Keywords: Ice and Fire Pineapple Bun, Wheat Pancake, Pan-Fried Bun, Crepe, Braised Food, Large Intestine Wrapped Small Intestine, Pizza Cone

Shida Night Market is the largest of many night markets in Taipei, and it has the most food. People with basically all kinds of tastes can find a sense of belonging there. Of course, this is also the night market I visit the most in Taiwan.

Ice and Fire Pineapple Bun

It is said that when there are many people, the queue is at least half an hour, so if you want to eat it, it is best to go there in advance at about 4 pm. The location is a bakery at a corner of Shida Night Market, and the taste is really surprising. The pineapple bun has a crispy crust, and a layer of crispy coconut is spread on it. It is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. What's more, the bread layer is hot, but the cheese inside is cold, which is very fragrant and delicious.

Wheat pancakes

A delicacy that can be found in the streets and alleys of Taiwan, the old-fashioned pancakes~There are many flavors: brown sugar, peanuts, sesame, red beans, butter, cheese...The outside is a thin layer of skin, the edge is crispy, the inside is hot and soft, with different flavors of fillings, it is really delicious~

Shuijianbao

For people like me who can't live without meat, it's actually okay. At the entrance of Shida Night Market, you can see the queue.

Crêpes

There are two types of soft and hard to choose from. The soft one is very sweet, and the hard one is crispy. There are many flavors. I really want to try each one, and then spread it with rich sauce. I won't regret it even if I gain a few pounds.

Braised food

Every time I go to Shida Night Market, I must eat snacks. For a foodie like me who can't live without spicy food, Taiwanese snacks are delicious, but I feel itchy if I don't eat spicy food. Braised food satisfies my abnormal taste requirements. Taiwanese stewed food is not completely spicy, but rather spicy with a hint of sweetness. Pour the sauce on it and serve it with pickled cabbage, and it tastes great. The most famous one in my memory is called Lantern Stewed Food. The two large lanterns hanging at the door are very conspicuous from a distance.

5 NTU Mansion

Keywords: Sisters Chicken Steak, Barley Soup, Log Cabin Pancakes, Taiyi Milk King, Chen Sanding Frog Milk

Sisters Chicken Steak

If you go to NTU and don’t try Sisters Chicken Steak, then you haven’t been to NTU; if you don’t have a cup of Barley Soup with your chicken steak, then you haven’t fully experienced the true meaning of the word “comfortable”. The location is in the log cabin near NTU Xiaoxiaofu. Enter from the main entrance of NTU, turn left on Coconut Grove Avenue, and see a lot of people queuing up, then you’ve arrived.

The chicken steak is cut large and thin, twice the size of a normal chicken steak, and needs to be folded in half to fit into a paper bag. The fried skin is crispy and tender. The chicken steak is specially marinated before frying, so the chicken is very tender and very flavorful. The price is also very affordable, you can eat until you are full for 40 Taiwan dollars. Whether it is the Haoda Chicken Steak in Shilin or the Bursting Chicken Steak in Taichung, it can't be compared with it. I personally think it is the best chicken steak in Taiwan. The barley soup is next to the chicken steak and has been chilled for a long time. Eating chicken steak and drinking barley soup, you won't feel greasy even if you eat two pieces of chicken steak. It's just refreshing.

Of course, there are also log cabin pancakes, which are definitely the best pancakes I have ever eaten. The pancakes are just out of the oven and steaming hot, with crispy skin and soft filling. There are also different flavors to choose from. I still like red bean matcha pancakes as always.

Taiyi Milk King

When you go to Taiwan, you must eat various ice desserts. Taiyi Milk King is just a right turn across the road from the National Taiwan University, close to Gongguan Night Market. This is a long-established Taiwanese shaved ice shop that specializes in milk shaved ice. My favorite is the eight-treasure ice, shaved ice with stuffed eight-treasure and taro balls, topped with thick milk, it is definitely a good product for a cool summer.

Chen Sanding Frog Milk

It can be said to be the signature of Gongguan Night Market. The so-called frog milk is actually pearl brown sugar milk. This store has become popular in recent years and is very popular. If you go there at mealtime, you have to wait in line for a long time. The pearls are carefully brewed and very smooth. The milk is in a real Lin Fengying large package, which is very pure. Highly recommended!

Wheel Cake

This is a very inconspicuous shop. Generally, wheel cakes are sold by pushing a cart. This one has a very small storefront and is not easy to find. I remember there is a milk tea shop next to it. The wheel cake has two flavors: red bean and cream. The red bean flavor is very good. The red beans are real red beans, with full grains, sweet and delicate taste.

Auntie Agan's Taro Balls

The best taro balls in Taiwan are in a small town, not easy to find. The taro balls are fragrant, glutinous and smooth, with a delicate taste. The shop is located somewhere on the top of the mountain. It is not big but has a unique atmosphere. Sitting in front of the window, you can overlook the entire Jiufen. Jiufen is bustling and noisy during the day, but when the sun sets in the evening, the tourists disperse, and the long lanterns on both sides of the street light up, the beauty of Jiufen gradually emerges.

6 Tamsui

Keywords: A Gei, fish ball soup, Sanxiecheng Cake Shop, Maji Nainai Fresh Milk Mochi, Grilled Fish Balls

You must choose a time other than weekends or daytime when you go to Tamsui. Tamsui is noisy during the day, but at night, the quiet beauty is revealed. Going with a few good friends, buying some snacks, sitting by the Tamsui River, and blowing the cool breeze must be an unforgettable memory.

A-gei Old Shop

Tamsui is most famous for A-gei and fish ball soup. Many Taiwanese snacks are available all over Taiwan, but A-gei is definitely a delicacy that can only be found in Tamsui. The outside is a layer of tofu skin, the inside is vermicelli, and then a layer of thick soup and sauce is poured on it. Although it looks very simple, it tastes good. It is said that the best A-gei is located in the middle of Tamsui Old Street, at a turn. The store is large and easy to find. I remember that there is a stall selling Turkish ice cream and cheese potatoes opposite. As for fish ball soup, it is close to Tamsui, so the taste is naturally very delicious.

San Xie Cheng Bakery

There are many old bakeries in Tamsui, and this one is probably the best. Another big highlight of this one is that it offers large-scale free tasting. After entering the door, there is a large table full of various snacks for tourists to taste, and the tasting is definitely large. The considerate clerk will also pour you a cup of tea. If you are thick-skinned enough, you can eat as much as you want here and no one will care. The boss is absolutely confident that you can buy some home after a full meal. This shop is on Xin Street in Tamsui, and the row of bakeries near it is not difficult to find.

Maji Nainai Fresh Milk Mochi

In Taiwan, there are many small shops selling mochi, and the mochi in Hualien is the most delicious and famous. But I have only eaten mochi made with fresh milk once in Tamsui, and it is very unique. Red bean fresh milk mochi~The mellow taste of fresh milk is accompanied by the sweet fragrance of coconut flakes, cool, tender, and tastes very good.

Roasted bird eggs

On Tamsui Old Street, you can see small stalls selling roasted bird eggs everywhere. The small quail eggs, paired with dried fish and topped with sauce, are not absolutely beautiful, but they have a unique flavor.

7 Keelung Miaokou Night Market

Keywords: small sausages, nutritious sandwiches, tempura, grilled fish fillets, fruit ice

Miaokou Night Market is smaller than you might think, with only one short street. The taste is not outstanding among all the night markets, but because it is close to the sea, it has a strong seafood flavor. However, there are several special features here. My favorite is naturally the small sausages, but it is just out of my personal love for sausages. The second most famous thing here is the nutritious sandwiches, which can be seen about 2/3 of the way into the night market. If there are many people, you need to get a number and queue for at least 20 minutes. But for me, this is at best a large hot dog. In addition, tempura and grilled fish fillets are good. In the night market, you can see many people holding a cup to serve shaved ice. This is also one of my favorite foods in Miaokou. It is a big cup with a large portion, refreshing taste and affordable price.

8 Yilan

Keywords: scallion pancake, barbecue, egg custard roll, Luodong night market pork, tapioca pearls

Scallion Pancake

Yilan Scallion Pancake is probably the most famous snack in Yilan. The scallion pancake here uses Sanxing scallions that are only available in Yilan. The strong aroma of noodles and the fresh taste of scallions are very delicious.

Pork meat

To be honest, this is the snack that I don’t want to queue up for in Taiwan. There are so many people, it takes at least half an hour, but the taste is very ordinary. There is a kind of despair of waiting in line that there is no end. If you don’t want to try it, you don’t have to fight for it. But the cake crumbs sold at the Pork meat stall are still good.

9 Luodong Night Market

Keywords: stuffed rice balls

If you go to Yilan, it would be a pity if you don’t eat stuffed rice balls. The location is Luodong Night Market. This is a husband-and-wife shop. It is said that because of the disagreement in business philosophy, the husband and wife opened two stores in the night market, and they are across the street from each other. When you go to Luodong, you will see that it has the longest queue. As for the taste, the biggest feature is that the rice balls are wrapped with a layer of sweet red bean paste. When you take a bite, the filling inside flows out, it is smooth and greasy, and it is worth queuing for a long time.

Taichung Chapter

1 Hsinchu

Keywords: meatballs, meatballs, oyster omelette, spring cakes, squid soup

In Taiwan, meatballs are famous in Changhua and Hsinchu. The Chenghuang Temple Night Market in Hsinchu is small, but has a strong market atmosphere. It is more like a farmer's market, lively and prosperous. It is said that the most famous meatball is a shop called Cai Ji, which seems to have been approved by Ma Ying-jeou. But in fact, snacks with Ma Ying-jeou's signature in Taiwan are not so golden, because this gentleman seems to have very low requirements for food. Meatballs are really average, and it is enough for a few people to buy one to try.

2 Alishan

Keywords: train bento, turkey rice, dried cherry blossoms

The snacks in Taichung are not as delicious as those in Taipei and Tainan. Alishan is famous for its forest train, and the old train bento is also famous for its unique train flavor. In fact, I think it is just some green vegetables and big chicken legs. As for the taste, just think of the boxed lunch on the train. In addition, after entering the Alishan scenic area, you can see many signs selling turkey rice. Under the guidance of the driver, we went to an old store famous for its turkey rice. The boxed lunch with fat meat was far less refreshing than the private dishes of the owner of the cabin hotel where we stayed.

3 Hualien

Keywords: Mochi, Guancai Ban

Hualien has beautiful scenery, but the food is not very special. But the mochi (pronounced as moji in Taiwanese) produced here is delicious. The mochi skin is cool and chewy glutinous rice skin, and the filling is smooth. It is a good choice to bring it back to the mainland for friends and relatives to try.

In addition, the Guancaiban in Hualien Night Market is very famous. In fact, it is toast that is baked very crispy and charred, and then filled with rich fillings. There are many flavors to choose from. Black pepper beef and Orleans roast chicken are both good.

4 Fengjia Night Market

Keywords: Bursting chicken steak, panda bun, cheese potato

Bursting Chicken Steak

It is said that the only thing that can compete with Sisters Chicken Steak is probably the Bursting Chicken Steak in Taichung. Unlike ordinary chicken steaks, it only has a thick layer of cheese sauce on the surface of the chicken steak, and a layer of thick sauce in the middle of the chicken steak. When you take a bite, the chicken steak is crispy, the chicken is tender, and the hot sauce inside also flows out. It tastes great.

Panda buns

Actually, they are small sandwiches that look very cute. The taste is actually okay, but the shape is so cute that you can't bear to bite it.

Finally, I recommend a good choice for souvenirs, this is it~

Jiade Bakery

This is the most delicious pineapple cake I have ever eaten in Taiwan. The crust is crispy and you will feel melted in one bite. You will never get tired of it. It is not an exaggeration to say that it has won the championship of pineapple cakes in Taiwan. The place to buy it is Nanjing East Road in Taipei City. The transportation is not very convenient, but it is really worth it for the delicious taste.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-27 00:06 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.133272 second(s), 27 queries .